1. My name is Sierra, but my friends call me… Sierra.
2. This is my first blog.
3. My left foot is half a size bigger than my right foot.
4. My brother and I had a fondness for ninja movies growing up. 3 Ninjas and the sequels (minus the Hulk Hogan one), TMNT 1, 2 & 3, Surf Ninjas, Sidekicks, etc.
5. My top 3 most accurate Buzzfeed quiz results: Which Big Bang Theory Character Are You? Leonard. Are you cool? Straddling the line between cool and uncool. Which Famous Turtle Are You? Michelangelo. Cowabunga!
6. I went to Barbizon modeling school. That’s not something I generally brag about. Or tell people. Ever.
7. I have worked at a local concert venue part-time for 11 years, and have probably seen close to 200 shows. This I do brag about because I think it’s rad.
8. My favorite movie is still the Goonies. Close seconds include other 80’s classics.
9. I’m into all things books. Was an English major at SF State, and work in book publishing. The fact that book stores are going the way of Tower and Blockbuster gives me mini panic attacks whenever I think about it.
10. I enjoy cooking. Sometimes. At least 50% of the time. But I hate when things don’t come out right. And when you can’t tell if something’s done. And when you didn’t make enough sauce.
11. I want to go to all 50 states. I tell everyone about this goal for some reason. Maybe I think if I keep saying it, it will happen. I just love the idea of fully experiencing my own country.
12. I’ve been researching my family history for a couple years and have built a pretty impressive family tree dating back to the 1500’s.
13. I like lists.
14. I almost failed my driving test because the tester took 18 points off for not merging all the way into the bike lane when making a right turn. Is it weird I’m still annoyed by that almost 15 years later?
15. My glasses make me look smarter than I am.
16. I got the chicken pox the day my mom went into labor with my baby brother, and I couldn’t go near him for two weeks.
17. I like to sing in the car really loud sometimes. And maybe dance a little, depending on how many other cars are around.
18. I accidentally fed a deer a koosh-ball when I was a kid. I just held it out for him to look at, and he ate it. I killed Bambi!
19. My best friends today have been my best friends since age 12.
20. My handwriting is getting worse every year.
21. Favorite late night hosts: Conan (have been to 3 live tapings!) and the very underrated Craig Ferguson.
22. I have weak rotator cuffs, and if I’m not careful my shoulder can sometimes pop out of alignment. It really, really hurts.
23. The only sport I follow is baseball (Go Giants!), but I also got into golf last year, and now one of my favorite things to do is hit balls at the driving range. I can hit 200+ yard drives on my best day.
24. I love going to the movies, even by myself. Something about being in a dark theater gives me the happies.
25. I had braces as a kid, but one of my bottom teeth went crooked again because I never wore my retainer.
26. I have two dogs. Brother and sister Beagle-Dachshund mixes, Lily and Dillon. AKA Lil and Dil, the cutest things on 4 legs.
27. I have never lived outside of California. Maybe that’s why I love the Beach Boys? #californiagirls #hatetheKatyPerryversion
28. I’m not a morning person, but I aspire to be.
29. I like quotes. “A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business.” – A.A. Milne
30. I have a Ramones shirt collection. See (part of) one above.
31. There are way more interesting things about me that I would never put on the internet.